Thursday, July 16, 2009

Hand Made vs Machine Made


We frequently travel overseas to far flung parts of the world in search of the finest treasure to present to you. We recently traveled to Kashmir the northern tip of the Himalayan region of Asia. The culture blend was a real treat. As I am a avid painter and photographer I spend 3 months taking photos some personal some for my photography class. I may share them on this blog or a new blog dedicated to photographs. I would like to share the art forms I have discovered during my visit to help people understand the value of the human hand. A item that takes 6 months to create through the harsh winter stitch by stitch can only be valued once you understand how it has been made. When we wear a pair of jeans or buy a new carpet for our living space we just know what we pay for and if it looks and feels good we don’t consider who made it or how hard it was made because we know things that are made by a machine are just what we call them machine made. When we know something is hand made we always think to take care of it and treat it delicately because we want it to last as long as it can. We cherish the handmade sweater or the painting by our near and dear ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment